Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Things Done

As I failed to see this task or organize myself in time to see it I think I'm in dire need of fine tuning my GTD system! But I did actually start a process to manage my tasks a week ago and below are my notes on the experience.

How did you organize your process? (are you using paper and pencil, a phone, a piece of software)?
As I am tied to the hip with my iPhone I thought it would be best to get an app to organize my to-do list so I got Remember The Milk as I flirted with it a few years ago.


What was it like for you going through the process the first time?
It was actually quite cathartic to list out what I needed to do and when. I entered all my MSU activities that needed to be done in that week and I entered some time-critical work related tasks as well. The hardest part was to try and remember once the task was done to mark is as completed in the app.

Do you think that this process will help you? Why or why not?







It could help me but it will take a bit of time for my brain to get used to the whole process. If my mind has been dealing with task management in another way for so long then obviously it will need to adjust to any method. To get everything down that needs to be done in one central area makes sense but to stay on top of that...well isn't that just another task you need to remember?!

Do you think you will continue this process? If not, what will your process be?I am definitely going to stick with the iPhone app route but I think I will need to look for another app; one that gives me a reminder message at given times to further remind me to finish a certain task. It may be kept as an academic task manager for my studies as that will keep it simple. For work I have Outlook Exchange calendars to keep on top of work tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment