Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creative Commons Lab

I wanna be your dogphoto © 2007 Eddy Van 3000 | more info (via: Wylio)I recently found a great website which is a search engine for Creative Commons images; wylio.com. The great thing about it is that it automatically creates the embed code for easy inclusion in your blog.





The advantages of using images in the classroom is endless. You only need to look at websites like piclits.com to know that educators
realize that images can be a great source of inspiration for budding writers and be the spur for great creative pieces of writing. Educators like Tim Rylands in the United Kingdom uses images (often from games) to get students' reactions and uses mysterious and atmospheric scenes to encourage a creative and inspiring use of the English language from the students. I think the use of images can create a forgettable lesson into a memorable one.

I must admit, I have uploaded quite a few photos to Flickr and never set the default license attribution to be other than fully copyrighted. I will do so in my default settings before my next uploads as there is really no reason why I shouldn't.

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89271381@N00

My first CC attributed image! http://www.flickr.com/photos/89271381@N00/3255456048/in/set-72157613353293725/

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful photo! I love it. Yes, I am the same way. I have uploaded photos and did not add CC to them.

    ReplyDelete