Monday, April 4, 2011

Web-Conferencing

As a group we decided to choose vyew.com. I tried to register at DimDim but for some reason I couldn't sign up.

 We all decided on a date and time and were all present and correct to start the conference on time. Both Dessa and I could talk to each other on our microphones but Neringa had issues with hers. When I spoke to Dessa I could hear my voice a couple of seconds later appear on her side so there was significant lag which slowed communications down.




At the end of the conference we were all just typing messages to each other which would have worked better on Google Chat or something as the chat box on vyew was small and cramped.













My group mates didn't tell me until after that they couldn't edit the main page although I did ask them if they could see what I was writing so along with technical faults we need to work on our communication too.

Overall I can't say I like vyew.com that much and I would not use it with elementary school kids. Due to time constraints and limited options we will still use it as the group brainstorming platform this week.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to check out WizIQ. Another group is having a lot of fun with it and all of the features it has. ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete